The FEDEC took part in the Circa Festival in October 2008: 15 professional schools presented the results of creative and research workshops.
The FEDEC schools present at Circa in 2008:
- Arc en Cirque, Centre des Arts du Cirque de Chambery (France)
- Centre Régional des Arts du Cirque (Lomme, France)
- Danshögskolan (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Die Etage (Berlin, Germany)
- Ecole de Cirque Zôfy (Sion-Valais, Switzerland)
- École nationale de Cirque (Montreal, Canada)
- École Nationale de Cirque de Châtellerault (France)
- École Nationale des Arts du Cirque de Rosny-sous-Bois (France)
- École Supérieure des Arts du Cirque (Brussels, Belgium)
- Escola de Circ Rogelio Rivel (Barcelona, Spain)
- Escuela de Circo Carampa (Madrid, Spain)
- Le Lido, Centre des Arts du Cirque de Toulouse (France)
- Scuola di Cirko Vertigo (Turin, Italy)
- Théâtre Cirqule (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Turku Polytechnic Arts Academy (Finland)
In total, no fewer than sixty students and thirty teachers and schools directors participated in this event.
The FEDEC also introduced the results of two surveys undertaken in 2008:
- an initial survey of circus sector professionals aiming to define a profile of key competences for circus artists (in different areas: classical and contemporary circus, festivals, cabarets, events etc.);
- a directory of circus schools (both leisure and professional schools) in Europe and beyond, and a collection of detailed information about professional schools in Europe and the rest of the world.
And last but not least, FEDEC fittingly celebrated its tenth anniversary!