2013 CIRCLE Edition, international showscase of up and coming circus artists, met a great success at Circa!
Twelve FEDEC members performed 20 to 30 minutes short shows developed in the context of research workshops led with students. While still in training, up and coming professional circus artists performed reflecting the working atmosphere of their schools.
They composed a rich and eclectic programme in front of and along with their peers. The performances whose quality was underlined by many professionals and the festival organisers met a great success from an enthusiastic audience in the Salle de Répétition Bernard Turin.
Discussions with the students performing and the schools’ directors organised after each presentation allowed to further discover and share the diversity of aesthetical approaches and pedagogical programme of the different vocational schools.
Throughout the week, FEDEC also held its Encounters at Circa.
12 schools took part in CIRCLE 2013:
- Académie Fratellini (France) Pictures
- ACAPA – Fontys Academy for Circus and Performance – Arty (Netherlands) Pictures
- Circomedia (United Kingdom) Pictures
- Ecole de Cirque de Lyon (France) Pictures
- Ecole de Cirque Zôfy (Switzerland) Pictures
- Ecole Nationale de Cirque de Châtellerault (France) in collaboration with Ecole de Cirque de Québec (Canada) Pictures
- Ecole Nationale des Arts du Cirque de Rosny-sous-bois (France) Pictures
- Escuela di Circo Carampa (Spain) Pictures
- Le Samovar (France) Pictures
- Scuola di Cirko Vertigo (Italy) Pictures
- Théâtre Cirqule (Switzerland) Pictures