The REFLECT Lab #1 took place from Monday 12th to Friday 16th of March 2018 and was hosted by FLIC Scuola di Circo in Turin (Italy). Vincent Grosstephan, Lecturer at University of Reims, Researcher in CEREP Lab (research Lab on employements and professionalisations / Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches sur les Emplois et les Professionnalisations), took care of the pedagogical coordination. He was assisted by Martine Leroy (Artistic Director of CADC Balthazar) and Anne Morin (Codirector of Centre de les Arts del Circ Rogelio Rivel).
Among the 26 people who participated to this week of discussions, there were 18 Teachers-participants, 5 Teachers-speakers, 1 Pedagogical Coordinator and 2 FEDEC Project Coordinators. 2 networks and 14 FEDEC schools, 11 of which are REFLECT partners from 9 different countries and with 10 different nationalities, were represented. The topic of the week was « The role of the circus arts teacher in a creation process : around the individual project of the student ».
The following methodology was applied : every day, the Pedagogical Coordinator would ask the teachers-participants to present the similarities and differences between 2 presentations. After this exercise, the participants, divided in focus groups, were given the opportunity to debate, to share their views, their reflections and experience about the different aspects of the guidance of an individual creation project in a professional circus school.
During the discussions, the important aspects were written down. These notes allow to keep record of the ideas which emerged, but also and above all they will be used to create pedagogical acts, whose purpose is to keep record of the discussions and to be used by teachers.
This Lab is also a gateway to the rest of the REFLECT project since it targets the needs in continuing training for the teachers participants.
All the participants were satisfied of their experience and enthusiastic about the discussions and brainstorming.
FFEC and FEDEC thank :
* The school Flic Scuola di Circo, its team and especially Stevie Boyd, for their wonderful hospitality during the whole week ;
* Vincent Grosstephan, for the pedagogical coordination ;
* Martine Leroy (Artistic Director of CADC Balthazar) and Anne Morin (Codirector of Centre de les Arts del Circ Rogelio Rivel) for the preparation and animation of the first two days and for their presentations ;
* Alessandra Simone (Teacher at Scuola di Cirko Vertigo), Bim Mason (Cofounder and Artistic Director at Circomedia) Adrian Porter (Director of higher education and teacher at the National Centre for Circus Arts), Daniela Arendasova (Ecole Nationale de Cirque de Montréal) for their presentation
* The participants and their schools
For any further information about the REFLECT project, please contact Gaëlle Le Breton (REFLECT Project Coordinator) at gaelle.le.breton [at] fedec.eu.