Here we go again for the 13th edition of CIRCLE held as part of the Festival CIRCa à Auch ! This year, 11 schools coming from 7 different countries have been selected to present their shows developed in the context of research workshops led by groups of students. While still in training, up and coming professional circus artists will perform reflecting the working atmosphere of their schools.
- Circo de las Artes (Argentina)
- Circomedia (United-Kingdom)
- Ecole Nationale de Cirque de Montréal (Canada)
- INAC - Instituto Nacional de Artes do Circo (Portugal)
- Procirk - Arc en Cirque, CACD Balthazar, Piste d’Azur (France) & Cirko Vertigo (Italy)
- Salto - International Circus School (Portugal)
- SaSaK – Salpaus (Finland)
- Scuola di Circo FLIC (Italy)
The CIRCLE performance will be held downtown in the Maison de Gascogne.
- Sunday 20 October : 15.00 & 17.00
- Monday 21 October : 15.00 & 17.00
- ** Wednesday 23 October : FRESH CIRCLE (ALL 8 CIRCLES in 4 different locations)**
- Thursday 24 October : 15.00 & 17.00
- Friday 25 October : 15.00 & 17.00
Post-performance discussions with the students performing and the schools’ directors were organised after each presentation in the Maison de Gascogne and allowed to further discover and share the diversity of aesthetic approaches and pedagogical programme of the different vocational schools.
** FRESH CIRCLE**
On Wednesday 23rd, FRESH CIRCUS#5 will include FEDEC’s CIRCLE performances as its main event of the day, to show the work of future artists, but also as a way to investigate the role of circus schools in the development of circus, and the specificities of each school on its own territory. This incredible opportunity offered by CIRCa and Circostrada means that the students will have the privilege to perform twice during the week, once in front of the general public as in the previous editions of CIRCa, and once during FRESH CIRCUS#5 programme, for a special visibility to the professional world. We will call the latest: FRESH CIRCLE.
FRESH CIRCLE’ post-performance discussions with the audience will focus on schools presenting their community work. Since most of our members have built over the development of their schools, special projects with local or regional authorities or organizations.
FRESH CIRCUS#5 that will take place in Auch (France) from 22nd to 24th October 2019 will tackle the relations between circus and territories claiming that “Circus is Everywhere”.
More information on CIRCa Festival and CIRCa pôle national des arts du cirque – Auch–Gers–Midi-Pyrénées, here.