INTENTS PEDAGOGICAL GUIDES
- In 2017,the 3rd INTENTS continuous training session will take place in Italy and will be hosted by the Scuola di Cirko Vertigo in Grugliasco, Italy. It will address the balance and the support based on hand-to-hand, hand balance and wire and will lead to the redaction of a new pedagogical guide.
- In 2016, Agathe Dumont, researcher, dancer and teacher, began writing the 2016 INTENTS educational tool "Propulsions, from trampoline, transfers and artistic developments” from the Berlin session. Present throughout the session, she was able to observe, participate to exchanges and collect a lot of data. She works closely with Arnaud Thomas, educational coordinator of the session, and in charge of writing certain parts as well as of monitoring the writing of the tool as a whole. Without being exhaustive, this manual will restore the variety of views expressed during the session and will enrich them with external testimonials identified by the INTENTS committee. This manual will be translated from French into English, German and Spanish.
- The new pedagogical guide "Verticality, weight and gravity" is the result of the first continuous training session between circus arts teachers of FEDEC member schools. It is the result of the work of INTENTS project leaders and focus group #2. Written by the associated author Agathe Dumont thanks to her observation of the 2d continuous training session at ENACR in 2015. Dowload it for free here in 4 languages (FR, EN, ES, DE).
- The pedagogical guide "Occupying space based on object manipulation" is being rewritten to be harmonised with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 manuals and will be availbale in 2017. This publication is based on the INTENTS pilot continuous training session in 2014 at National Centre for Circus Arts in London.
PILOT-MODULES « CYR WHEEL » AND « AERIAL STRAPS »
In the framework of its work to develop a new continuing training Programme for circus arts teachers, the FEDEC organized two “Pilot-Modules” that gave birth to the pedagogical manuals 2 and 3:
- Pedagogical manual 03 : "Cyr Wheel" based on the module hosted by Dans och Cirkushögskolan (Stockholm, Sweden) from 26th Septembre to 1st October, 2011
- Pedagogical manual 02 "Aerial Straps" based on the module : hosted by the National Circus School (Montréal, Canada) from 19th to 23rd March 2012
These Pilot-Modules coordinated by Sven Demey were a first step towards continuous training engineering and a first experiment of what could be a new set of continuing education modules for teachers and production of pedagogical tools. They also allowed the trainings to go beyond best practice exchanges between teachers and give value to artistic and educational innovative approaches on the discipline.
En 2010, Sven Demey coordinated the rewriting of the first chapter of the «Basic Circus Arts Instruction Manual» that became the first pedagogical manual "Theory, Guidance and Good practice for Training"
The project «European Educational Exchanges» (EPE) supported by the European Commission (Leonardo da Vinci program – Culture and Education), was developed between November 2005 and April 2007. It consisted of 7 weeks of exchanges between teachers that took the shape of continuous training sessions between peers. Each week resulted in a pedagogical chapter by discipline. The project allowed to build the first «Basic Circus Arts Instruction Manual» in French, English, German and Portuguese including 2 accompanying DVDs of pedagogical material. This manual is now a reference tool for circus arts trainers, complementing their practical training.
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 1 : Introduction : Training theory (is replaced by the new chapter published in 2010)
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 2 : Static trapeze, rope and silks
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 3 : Tight wire and slack rope
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 4 : Aerial cradle
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 5 : Chinese pole
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 6 : Acrobatics: Handstand, hand to hand, banquine
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 7 : Swinging trapeze and cloud swing
- Basic circus arts instruction manual : Chapter 8 : Safety and Rigging