Pre-auditions are open!
The lessons given at the ESAC are spread over 3 years, with a full-time schedule i.e. 35 hrs/week (1,080 hrs/year). The circus arts are taught in the style of contemporary circus and all the specialisms are offered: tumbling, juggling – object manipulation, aerials, acrobatics and balancing acts. The core disciplines are: dynamic acrobatics, static acrobatics, trampoline, specific physical training, creative workshops and personal projects. Complementary disciplines include: physical and gestural training, interpretation, dramaturgy and theatrical techniques, circus history, art history, scenography.
Lessons of circus production, circus engineering, law, production and creation structures, sciences and applied sciences for circus arts (anatomy, biomechanics and dietetics) offer to the artist indispensable tools in order to guarantee his/her professional integration and safety.
The 2022 selection rounds will take place in 2 phases:
- Applications deadline: March 6th, 2022 at 23:59.
- Announcement of the pre-selected candidates on April 29th, 2022.
- Order of video capsules and videoconference interview for May 4th and 5th.
- Deliberation and announcement of the selected candidates on May 9th.
- On ESAC website : http://esac.be/en/