CIRCLE 2016 : 10th anniversary of the CIRCLE project
The 10th anniversary of the CIRCLE project and the FEDEC Encounters at CIRCa took place from 24th October until Friday 28th in Auch during the CIRCa Festival.
As usual, the FEDEC Encounters at CIRCa included its Board meeting, General Assembly, focus group meetings and the most exciting part: the circus schools shows. This year, duos and trios of schools so 20 schools in total built collaborations in order to present 10 shows, especially made for the anniversary.
Here are the collaborations :
- Escuela de Circo Carampa & Chapitô EPAOE, Monday October 24th: 14.30
- National Centre for Circus Arts & Circomedia, Monday October 24th:: 16.30
- Procirk : Arc En Cirque, CADC Balthazar & Piste d’Azur, Tuesday October 25th: 14.30
- Flic Scuola di Circo & Codarts Circus Arts Rotterdam, Tuesday October 25th: 16.30
- Scuola di Cirko Vertigo & Arc En Cirque, Tuesday October 25th: 18.00
- Ecole Nationale de Cirque de Châtellerault &CirkusCirkor/Nycirkusprogrammet, Wednesday October 26th: 14.30
- Centre de les Arts del Circ Rogelio Rivel & Centre Régional des Arts du Cirque de Lomme, Wednesday October 26th: 16.30
- Ecole de Cirque de Québec & AFUK/AMoC, Wednesday October 26th: 18.00
- Staatliche Ballettschule und Schule für Artistik Berlin (SAB) & Institut National des arts du Music-hall (INM), Thursday October 27th: 14.30
- Le Lido & ESAC, Thursday October 27th: 16.30
Each performance has been followed by discussion with students and members of the teaching staff on the educational and creation approaches of the performances.
FEDEC ENCOUNTERS AT CIRCA 2016
Circostrada-FEDEC « Off the Record » Session
Monday 24.10.2016 18.00-19.00 @ Ecole élémentaire St-Exupéry [Open to all FEDEC and CIRCOSTRADA members]
For 5 years, the FEDEC and Circostrada have explored with their members topics and issues shared by both the education and the professional sector.
This session focussed on the launch of MIROIR03 and continued the discussions around the issue of training, skills and employment between Circostrada members and FEDEC focus group nb. 4-5. The objective was to jointly identify the evolutions, questioning and challenges of the sector when we speak about the key competences required for the main circus artists of today, their needs for support for the transition to work and their career path. For the first time, the networks Territoires de Cirque and the FFEC joined the meeting.
Partnership meeting INTENTS#5
Tuesday 25.10.2016 10.30 @ CCI [Open only to INTENTS partners]
The 5th meeting of all 33 partners of the project was the occasion to follow up on the activities and to open the dialogue between partners to reach quality activities and publications and reflect together what will be the future INTENTS02 project.
Thursday 27.10.2016 10.00 @ Tourism office [Open only to FEDEC artistic and pedagogical directors]
Focus group nb.3 focus on artistic pedagogy of the current topic "Student support/guidance".
Friday 28.10.2016 10.30 @ CCI [Open only to FEDEC schools representatives]
Assessment of the year 2016, presentation of the work program 2017, discussion about the next triennial program 2018 – 2020 and on the network and sector’s developments.
Public workshop INTENTS#2
Friday 28.10.2016 13.30 @ CCI [Open to all]
The public workshop was an open conversation on educational publications with testimonies of the people behind the INTENTS project as well as the content of the new educational publications. A Q&A session was organized to open discussion and consultation with the public .
Roundtable for CIRCLE's 10th anniversary
Friday 28.10.2016 16.30 @ CCI [Open to all]
To celebrate 10 years of CIRCLE, FEDEC members, students, former CIRCLE participants and the CIRCa team reflected on a decade of student creation and the evolution and opportunities of the sector of circus arts training.
CIRCLE 10th anniversary closing party
Friday 28.10.2016 22.00 @ Maison du Festival [Open to all]
We celebrated CIRCLE 10th anniversary on the dance floor over a drink listening to our trendy DJ’s : Koen (Circus Centrum) and Jan (Codarts).