FEDEC condemns the military aggression by Russian forces against Ukraine, a sovereign European state.
We are deeply concerned for the health, wellbeing and lives of Ukrainian civilians, in particular students and artists and their families, as well as those in Russia peacefully protesting the war. Exchange, research and collaboration across borders can only flourish in freedom and peace. FEDEC stands in solidarity with all those affected and displaced by this violent conflict.
We are aware that many FEDEC members and partners are extremely concerned about the situation. Many are taking action - some are finding ways to support (exchange) students or staff in organisations who are originally from Ukraine, while others are generously opening their doors to refugees from the region, and/or organising solidarity actions. FEDEC is committed to supporting its members and the circus arts community at large face this crisis however possible.
LOOKING FOR opportunities
- Acrobatics teacher: looking for an new school to keep practicing. Take a look at his resume here.
- Diving & High diving coach: looking for opportunities. Also does Professional Russian Swing & trampoline. Take a look at his resume here.
- Juggler and professional coach: looking for opportunities. Take a look at his resume here.
- Gymnast & Professional Dancer: looking for opportunities. Take a look at his resume here.
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
1) Help Ukrainian Circus Schools
To European Circus Schools: you can help 250 circus students under 18 fleeing from Ukraine with their families to find a new home, free food and the possibility to train in your school!
2) Kyiv Academy of Circus And Variety Arts Students SOS
Online form to the destination of performing arts schools in Europe that can provide a temporary home for groups of our students for the next few months. Schools should be able to provide daily coaching in either Dance, Singing, Acting or Producing or all of the above.
3) War in Ukraine - Student Support Center
Student Support Centre connects with the digital infrastructure of Erasmus Without Paper allowing Higher Education Institutions across Europe to indicate their support measures.
RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS & PROFESSIONALS
4) Artists at Risk: Emergency resources for artists and cultural workers
Official links and emergency resources for citizens still in Ukraine and those that fled the county. Information on how to help and how to become a hosting organization. A form is available for all art practitioners from Ukraine or with permanent residency for emergency temporary relocation and hosting.
5) Ukrainian Emergency Performing Arts Fund
Supports independent scene performing artists staying in Ukraine during the time of war. This page is created to publish a quick simple application request-form for Ukrainian artists to obtain microgrants.
6) On the Move - OTM
Calls for residencies, funding, initiatives related to Ukraine and artists / culture professionals at risk.
7) IETM - (International network for contemporary performing arts)
Donations, verified medias, platforms and useful links.
International Cultural Collaboration with UKRAINE Must Be Supported By World Leaders.
9) Culture Action Europe #StandswithUkraine
Culture Action Europe is collecting resources available for Ukrainian artists, cultural workers, students who had to flee Ukraine. The resource page is updated regularly.
10) Resources for people fleeing Ukraine
This document includes resources for people fleeing Ukraine, remaining in Ukraine, displaced into a neighboring country, or relocating to countries around the world.