Fondazione Cirko Vertigo - whose K from Kinema suggests the idea of movement – is a project supported by the city of Grugliasco (close to Turin). Training for contemporary circus artist, co-financed by the European Social Fund, is the main activity of the Fondazione and employs a staff of international teachers.
Located in a cultural park, the Fondazione Cirko Vertigo is also a place for leisure training, masterclasses, continuous training, a multidisciplinary season, and the International festival Sul Filo del Circo.
Furthermore, it encourages research and creation, producing and presenting performances, promoting training for circus trainers in collaboration with the cities of Grugliasco and Turin, the region of Piemonte, the province of Turin, Fondazione CRT and Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo.
Since 2015, the Fondazione has been a creative centre for artistic residences thanks to funding from the Region of Piemonte and the Ministry of Culture. Every year, we host five to ten companies on residencies lasting a minimum of 20 days based on a call for participation published on our website.
Corso di Formazione Professionale per Artista di Circo Contemporaneo: 2 year course comprising 2,400 hours. Financed by the European Social Fund. Download the course details here.
- Aged 18 and over
- A high school diploma or a higher education diploma
- Provision of a medical certificate for a competitive sporting activity
Application forms must be sent before June 6th at the following link: https://edu.fondazionecirkovertigo.com/accademia
Including the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (in Italien, English or French)
- Curriculum vitae (in Italien, English or French)
- Copy of High School leaving certificate
- Recent photo (full body)
- Recent ID photo
- Medical certificate for a professional sporting activity
- Copy of identity document (ID card/Passport)
Auditions will take place on the 14th and 15 of June 2021. Candidates will be evaluated according to the following steps:
- Physical test (strength, flexibility, resistance)
- Acrobatics, theatre, and dance workshops
- Presentation of an individual performance of maximum 2 minutes
- Individual interview
For more info please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 (0)11 0714488.
Director et pedagogical director: Paolo Stratta
Artistic director: Luisella Tamietto
October - August
- Italian (advanced)
- English (advanced)
- French (advanced)
Fondazione Cirko Vertigo
Parco Culturale Le Serre
Via Tiziano Lanza, 31
10095 Grugliasco (TO)
Founded in 2003