The Asociación de Malabaristas (A.M.) was created in 1987 as a platform for those who wish to meet, learn, exchange, communicate ideas, share knowledge and experiences and undertake projects in the circus arts. In 1994, the association bought its first circus tent, and started a circus training project called CARAMPA.
Carampa has been at the heart of the professional circus training in Spain since 1994. The staff is made up of professional artists, competition level athletes, and teachers with years of experience and a lively and open way of thinking about the training process.
The Professional training course lasts 2 years and is based on respect towards the students and their aspirations, where creativity, technical excellence, safety, and teamwork are of utmost importance. It aims to prepare students to pass the auditions held by the professional circus schools and to have enough tools to develop their own artistic projects.
Aside from this programme, Carampa offers a full schedule of youth, leisure and social circus courses, as well as discipline classes for professionals and high-level amateurs.
The main tent is a 600m² space, equipped with the best teaching materials, and the secondary tent, 100m², is ideal for theatre, dance and technical classes for smaller groups.
- Preparatory and Professional Training
- 2-year program. From beginning of October to end of July (1st year), end of May (2nd year)
- Full-time 7 hours a day, 9 months a year - 2,500 hours
- Basic multidisciplinary training and specialty training
- Age: 17 and over
- Nationality: unrestricted
- Studies: basic compulsory studies (a high school diploma or a higher education diploma is recommended but not mandatory)
- Provision of a medical certificate for sports activity
- Health Insurance
- Fill in and send the registration form and the required documents
- Registration form and deadline are available on the Carampa website
3 day audition
Audition consists of:
- Physical tests (strength and flexibility)
- Presentation of an act (maximum of 3 minutes)
- Participation in acrobatics, drama and dance classes
- Participation in circus techniques classes
- Individual interview
More info here
Director: Executive Board
Educational director: Helena Beatriz Lario
Artistic Director: Javier Jiménez
From early October to end of July (1st year), end of May (2nd year).
Escuela de Circo CARAMPA Camino Robledal, 2 Casa de Campo 28011 Madrid Spain
Founded in 1994
FEDEC member since 2000