Chambéry Circus Arts Centre – “Arc En Cirque” – is a not-for-profit organisation created in 1987. It was recognised as a vocational training centre in 1995 by the French Ministry of Culture and the Rhone Alpes Regional Authorities.
It is organised into three sectors:
- the vocational circus arts training centre
- the resource centre, comprised of a documentation centre and artistic residencies
- the leisure circus school
Circus artists nowadays transcend performance to join a renewal of Circus Arts. Educational and artistic objectives of the vocational training centre of Arc en Cirque include training performers and/or circus-makers, who will create circus for today and tomorrow, passing on a profession and an artistic experience, by permanently combining learning and research.
Arc en Cirque works with artists and with cultural and artistic partners to promote the influence of circus arts in France and in Europe.
- Preparatory Training for Higher Education institutions or Artistic Training Programmes: 2 year pre-vocational, technical and artistic training programme.
- Artistic Training leading to a Level III “Circus and Movement Artist” qualification registered with the RNCP (French National Register of Professional Certifications): direct access to the profession (in collaboration with Piste d’Azur and the CADC Balthazar). A 3 year vocational artistic and technical training programme.
Preparatory Training: Candidates should be between 16 and 22 years old and have a Junior High School Certificate (BEPC) or a High School Diploma (BAC) depending on the courses they wish to take.
Artistic Training: Candidates should be at least 18 years old and have specifically defined their circus skill related to their creative project.
Courses are open to international students (please contact your embassy).
Directors: Eric Angelierand Christine Perrin
Mid-September – end of June.
Arc En Cirque – Centre Régional des Arts du Cirque de Chambéry
9 rue du Genevois
Founded in 1987
FEDEC member since 2000