Type: Jobs and internships
Types of audiences: Teachers and educational teams
Location: New Zealand
We are looking for passionate, generous, creative, and highly skilled trainers to teach at our third Summer School course from 8 to 18 February 2020 in Wellington, New Zealand.
The course will invite 30 professional and pre-professional students from NZ and beyond to train full-time for 10 days. We emphasize the importance of artistic development, dedicating it more than half of the course. We aim to provide students with new tools to enable them to integrate their skills to original artistic proposals.
We are looking for trainers who can teach BOTH technical circus skills AND artistic development. Each trainer will have to teach acrobatic classes, at least one artistic development workshop, and lead short group creations. This course is quickly becoming a major event in our rapidly growing industry.
Through Summer School, emerging artists get a boost of practical knowledge, build new connections with the national and international circus community, and push their technical and creative boundaries.
For the selected trainers, it will be a truly memorable experience where they will feel they are making a real difference to students by sharing their passion for circus arts.
- Teach technical skills in one or more circus discipline (especially needed: floor acrobatics, hand balancing, hand-to-hand, and aerials disciplines);
- Teach a group artistic development workshop (acting, dancing, voice, clowning, act/show creation, improvisation, team work, or other);
- Lead/support short group creations; o Lead warm-up exercises, and flexibility/conditioning classes; - Work as part of a team;
- Make quick decisions and adapt easily;
- Be willing to share their experience and knowledge of the circus industry through Q&A sessions with the students;
- Communicate and teach in English.
- Return flights to Wellington, New Zealand;
- Accommodation for the length of the course;
- Work visa (if needed);
- Teaching fee.
Apply online at https://forms.gle/aAMZp5R5dq3GUHWc7 before 15 August 2019. Please note: You MUST be available to teach for all 10 days.
The Wellington Circus Hub